Ensure your ceiling is modern, effective and fits in with the overall look and feel of your office. Fitout Builders will guide you in the right direction to choosing the best ceiling for your needs. Read on for some of the more popular office ceiling styles.
Suspended grid ceiling
Suspended ceilings are secondary ceilings suspended from the structural floor slab above, creating a void between the bottom of the floor slab and the top of the suspended ceiling.
The pros for suspended grid ceiling are:
- Highly innovative
- Exceptional quality
- Conceal building infrastructure including piping, wiring and ductwork
- Allow access for repairs
- Conceal sprinkler systems but still allow full fire suppression operation
- They can be removed without much effort
- Available in a variety of textures, colours and patterns
- They deliver dramatically improved acoustic treatment when installed with great absorption qualities
The only disadvantage is that suspended ceilings reduce headroom.
Plaster ceilings and bulkheads
Much like the plaster ceilings you might find in your home, commercial plaster ceilings have a number of advantages.
- They can give a pleasing texture and are aesthetically pleasing
- Good acoustic properties when utilized with noise block ceiling insulation
- When accompanied by a bulkhead, this can create a feature ceiling or be used to conceal lighting.
Exposed ceilings are exactly that – exposed.
Here is their advantage:
- They provide an industrial, stripped-down, warehouse-style aesthetic.
- Often not less expensive than a suspended ceiling
- A lot of work – ductwork might need replacing or painting to create a uniform appearance
- There may be a lot of exposed wiring and cables
- They may incur extra heating and cooling costs
- Acoustically, they will not absorb the same volume of sound that ceiling tiles or suspended ceiling might.
Fitout Builders can point in the right direction for achieving that perfect feature ceiling. Ceilings play a greater role in the aesthetics and functionality of an office than you may realise. They help to maximize natural light and manage acoustics while reducing energy costs.
Planning an office fitout with a feature ceiling? Get in touch with one of our expert consultants at Fitout Builders today, call us on 1300 FITOUTS (348688).